Thursday, August 16, 2007

Amidst Power

I've run and danced in lands
Where the sky has almost pulled me
From my bodies womb
And swung me as a grain of sand
Through the cold oceans of wind
Below the dusted bowing hills.

I've slept inside a hall of pine
Sapped and bleeding in the passover
Of the short summer's beaming smile
That heals the cracked and pebbled land
Scarred of winter's snow,
Lapping up the earth's soul.

I've fled in purring steel
Across ancient desert faces
Cheeks whose sculptured knowledge
Of the hills that were once
The dying mountain Whispers
Heard above the kneeling land.

I've been watched in sacred land,
Faintly singing in the dusk of day,
Of a power that makes me dust,
Knowing as I violate these timeless graves
That if they ever were to quickly reach,
And touch my sand grain soul
I would melt in their calloused hands
Like falling Crystal snow.

No comments: